Liver is nature's most nutrient dense superfood.
Who knew that liver is actually the most nutritious part of an animal?
One serving of liver contains more protein, more nutrients, and less fat than what is found in a serving of muscle meat. Liver is loaded with protein, iron, B vitamins, vitamin A, CoQ10 and essential fatty acids, which basically makes it nature's multivitamin.
Here are just a few of the benefits liver offers your dog:
- CoQ10 - improves joint and heart health. Liver increases "good cholesterol," helps lower blood pressure and protect the hearts muscle tissue.
- Vitamin A - as a powerful antioxidant, it supports digestion and reproductive organs.
- Vitamin D - as an important nutrient for immune function, vitamin D helps protect against cancers, autoimmune and infectious diseases. It supports muscle and bone strength too.
- Iron - can support increasing your dog's endurance and strength.
- Fatty acids - improve coat health.
Okay great... but how to do we make liver more palatable, while maintaining the nutritional benefits?
The answer is freeze-dried raw! Freeze-drying retains all of the nutritional benefits by simply removing all of the water content which leaves you with a light, crunchy snack full of flavour. Freeze-dried raw liver is rewarding and satisfying to even the pickiest of eaters!
What to watch out for
Because liver is so rich in nutrients, it can cause tummy upset or loose stool. So depending on your dog's size, start with only a couple pieces a day to test the reaction. If your dog does have loose stools, you can always feed a bit less until the digestive system adapts.
Let's get the party started!
You have the option to feed your dog liver as a treat, food topper or training aid.